Tuesday 29 January 2008

new life


I was out in the back yard this afternoon photographing our Magnolia Little Gem with its new flowers. We planted the tree two and a bit years ago as part of the funeral for my first daughter, Millie (Millicent), who was stillborn. She just suddenly stopped moving a 33 weeks gestation - we don't know why.



While I was taking my photographs I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye and guess what? We've got kittens!!! Pretty good for a family that doesn't even have a cat. They are very shy but I have spied five so far - four white and one black, all with orange splotches. So cute!



The funny thing is, Millie was due around Australia Day. And the first Australia Day weekend after she died, a stray rooster wandered into our yard and decided to stay. My partner thought it was a sign of new life for us, so the rooster is still with us, now with a fully enclosed coop, house and even three hens! Here's hoping that we get to keep the kittens too!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh Lonie.... What a beautiful post!!! I'm sure that you think about your precious little daughter everyday. How weird that the rooster strayed and stayed and now some kittens have found their way there too.... Millie must have something to do woth it all I say...
Thanks for popping by my blog, I'm glad that the label link will be of some use... I'm loving reading your blog, I'ts great!!!

Jodie

Rebecca said...

This is a beautiful post. What a wonderful Mum you are to your beautiful daughter and these are lovely signs in her memory. I'm sure Millie sent the chicken and the kittens to your family. Rebecca