Sunday 27 January 2008

double this is ...

I am joining the this is... game initiated by three buttons but have started a little late, so it is double duty for me this week.

This is... what scares me


Don't get me wrong, I love buttons. But I am constantly imagining new ways for Olive to die and my latest obsession, fed by her newfound ability to pick up tiny objects with her pincers, is potential choking hazards. She tried eating the up key from my laptop last night.

This is... my favourite cup
Technically actually a mug rather than cup but I'm hoping you won't notice. My mum made this mug and I decorated it back in the days when I used to do that sort of thing to help support myself through uni. It is my favourite not because it's homemade but rather because it features my two pets at the time: a lovebird named Pookie (like the flying rabbit) and gorgeous fluffy old cat named Gonfalon. He used to sleep in bed with me, under the covers with his head on the pillow. The only problem was that he snored!

3 comments:

Two Peas In a Pod said...

What a cute cup. I do love buttons as well but would be horrified if a child were to choke on one.
Kyla

Jenny said...

LOVE you cup and I know what you mean about the hazards of little things being choked on-that is why mums have eyes in the back of their heads!

Anonymous said...

the buttons are great, but i completely understand your fear. the mug is darling too, thanks for sharing