Wednesday 2 April 2008

books - in with the old and in with the new

We visited the Melbourne Museum of Printing on Sunday. The drawers full of fount were so very beautiful (sorry - I took the camera but couldn't use it with a wriggling baby in my arms) and I was reminded to pull out the slugs from the old man's shed in the back yard. You see, our house only had one set of previous occupants who built it themselves. The old man died about ten years before I bought the house but all of his tools and miscellaneous treasures were still locked away in the shed. Including these slugs used to print invitations to a 1959 cabaret ball.


On the other end of the spectrum, I have just discovered Blurb. Make your own book - it is too, too tempting! I have started sketching out ideas but in the meantime have ordered Kal Barteski's Cargo and Woot. So cute!

Still on the topic of books, I just recently bought a copy of Oliver Jeffer's Lost and Found. Both the story and illustrations are incredibly beautiful, especially the last page. It reminds me of why I love books so much. *happy sigh*

1 comment:

Annie said...

I have found the tempting Blurb too - too much to do and not enough time!!!! Last day of holidays today.