Tuesday 25 March 2008

first softies

While I am still working on my UFOs, I couldn't resist the urge to try something new. So here they are, my first attempts at designing my own sewn softies. Each contains a vitamin bottle with grains to double up as a rattle.

Lion. It is a worry that I had so little trouble finding a ready-made "jungle" in the back yard.

Sad little bunny.

Pear. Actually, he's the second attempt - the first was a dud whose face is not fit to be seen.

I'm itching to make more!

5 comments:

Jodie said...

You've done a great job with your softies for your very first attempt... I love them all!!!
I also love the pencil case you made a couple of posts back, the apple tape really makes it doesn't it??? The little egg beanie is just the cutest too...

Jodie

Sherrin said...

what a cool idea to put in a rattle. I'm going to have to try this. I love the little lion in particular, he's lovely. :o)

Michelle said...

They are fabulous! The pear's my fave, but they're all too cute!

Bird Bath said...

they're wonderful...softies are lots of fun to make & give. You've done a great job - given them their own little personalities.

Betty Jo said...

No Chocolate!Thats will power(but if it's for medical reasons it would be easier) Thanks for reading my blog. Now I have discovered another crafty Melbourne gal.I love your lion softie, and have favorited your "Apple girl" on Flickr- she is sooo cute!
xxx Liz @ Betty Jo designs