Sunday 13 July 2008

this is ... what scrambles my brain

Crochet patterns. For the life of me, I simply cannot read them.

Which is funny (strange, not ha ha) because I have no trouble with freehanding crochet and frequently turn to it when I can't find a pattern to follow. Like these:

A toilet doll roll made as a housewaming gift for my sister. I was aiming for super-tacky but I still think I've seen worse.

Owl rattle.

The inaccesibility of crochet patterns has become doubly frustrating since I joined Ravelry because there are so many cute amigurumi creatures I'd love to be making. Like these little guys:
striped turtle
snail
duckling
gnome

So, if you know of a good online crochet tutrial or can recommend a book, please let me know. Cheers!

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

They're both super cute! I can't crochet either...I just don't get it!

danica said...

Hehe. I recently bought a crochet pattern and looked at it for about 1 minute before deciding to hand it on to my much more talented aunty. You're right, they're impossible :)

Lisa [strickerin] said...

I'm glad I am not the only one who just doesn't get it when it comes to crochet patterns.

Your freehand work is fantastic. Love the sentiment behind the housewarming gift. Nothing says I love you like tacky gifts.