Monday 5 May 2008

toadstool hat


Back during Vintage Children's Book Ilustration Week I spied some adorable toadstool hats from the Red Tops books on the excellent Bird Bath blog. I was all inspired and as soon as I had finished my mammoth knitting UFO, got out my needles to make a similar hat for Olive.

Well, it doesn't look much like the hats from the pictures, nor does it come even close to fitting Olive's head. But I might get some use out of it myself on cold days when I am feeling a bit silly.

And in a moment of synchronicity, after photographing my new hat this afternoon I went to the local Vinnies and found my very own copy of the Red Tops!

4 comments:

Bird Bath said...

Oh that is fantastic....I can't stop grinning -you know everyone will want one now. I'll have to post about my gumnut beanies too. Don't those Redtops know how to have fun?

Sherrin said...

That is the sweetest hat!!

Two Peas In a Pod said...

What a great job. It is super cute. Looks like Olive loves it :)

Danielle said...

that hat is very cute! and is sure to keep Olive (or you) toasty warm.