Sunday 11 January 2009

off-track knitting

I haven't mentioned that I'm pregnant yet, have I? I'm over 6 months through already! After a first pregnancy that ended tragically at 33 weeks, and a second pregnancy fraught with 2 or 3 panic attacks a week, my tactic this time has been to largely pretend that I'm not pregnant. But I thought it was about time that I started bonding so I cast on to make daughter number three a special cable knit cardigan. Then ran out of wool and got completely distracted on Ravelry. The result? Two new knitted gifts to be given at the next first birthday parties we are invited to.


First up, a green lambie made out of the waste cardigan wool using Barbara Prime's free Fuzzy Mitten Lamb pattern. My plan is to accompany it with a board book copy of Mem Fox's "Where is the Green Sheep".

Next up, a sweet cupcake hat. I used another free pattern, this time from Living Creatively. Be warned though, the decrease row instructions are partially missing and faulty so a little interpretation is required.



Maybe I'll make something for the new baby next ...

2 comments:

edward and lilly said...

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy.

Love the cupcake hat! Very yummy :)

Anonymous said...

congrats..... wow!!
love the where is green sheep gift idea!!